Weekend Web Roundup - 'When it Rains it Pours' Edition
Lots of good things happening these days - when it rains it pours! I'm really excited about a couple new clients who've recently come on board. These are really cool projects that will be really fun to build.
There has been so much good stuff coming out lately. LinkedIn and Twitter have parted ways, and that was probably for the best. We recently cancelled Netflix at our house, and I wonder what will happen with them. I'm still of the opinion that the future of virtually all video is will be on the internet. The only problem is that Netflix content is just not very good. It reminds me of walking in to Blockbuster Video in days long past, and seeing a whole lot of movies no one was interested in watching.
Of particular note is the post on libraries. I love books, I love design, and when these two things collide it's awesome.
- Things I learned by flushing 3,000 followers - Very interesting insights from someone getting a handle on managing their Twitter account.
- Matt Cutts and Eric Talk About What Makes a Quality Site - When Matt Cutts speaks, you should listen.
- Why You Ought to Build an Online Brand Through Guest Blogging and Not Just Chase SEO Tricks - Same thing goes for Neil Patel. Ignore this post at your own peril.
- Bing Disavow links you don’t trust & SEO Analyzer updates - New feature in Bing Webmaster Tools that you probably need to learn about.
- Can negative SEO really get your site penalized? - Short answer? Yes.
- Dark days ahead for Netflix? - As noted above we just cancelled our account. It's not all their fault though.
- Inside the Twitter-LinkedIn divorce - Probably wasn't a great match to begin with. Two totally different platforms, with unrelated purposes.
- Better Product Pages: Turn Visitors Into Customers - I've got this one bookmarked and saved so I can reference this over and over again. So good.
- Pixar Story Rules - I found this one on Jason Santa Maria's site and it's really really good stuff.
- The 'Busy' Trap - Are you too busy? Productive, or wasting time on low-value stuff?
- 20 Beautiful Private and Personal Libraries - Love these. An awesome library is on my list of must-have things for my dream house.
- Is Your Browser Exposing Private Data? - Pay attention to what's showing up in your browser's snapshots.
What awesome stuff did you find this week?