Weekend Web Roundup - March Madness Edition
All is good in the basketball world right now. March madness is in full swing, and Dwight Howard did the right thing by staying with the Orlando Magic. Not one but TWO 2 seeds lost on the same day, a couple of 1 seeds barely escaped, and the Seminoles stole on from St. Bonaventure, and the Magic, who look like they're coming together at the right time are playing well since Dwight's commitment.
A couple things that I've been paying a lot of attention to lately are in this week's roundup: Responsive design is going to be huge and if you're not paying attention to this, you will want to start paying attention. The proliferation of mobile devices and tablets are continuing to change the way visitors see your site. Nothing is more annoying than to try to browse to a site on your mobile device, once it does actually load, the site is anything but optimized for reading it on such a device. It amazes me that so many big companies and sites haven't done this yet.
- 6 Tools Social Media Experts Use to Update Facebook Pages - A couple of my favorite tools here, and a couple new ones to take a look at. You can never go wrong using Buffer.
- Symptoms Of An Epidemic: Web Design Trends - Interesting article about new trends in web design. Asking why you're creating the visual effects you're creating and trying something different is never a bad idea.
- The 10 Commandments of Landing Pages That Work - First of two posts here about landing pages - great stuff here, and I talked about it on the podcast last week. Violate these commandments at your own peril.
- New 30 day challenge: No news - Matt Cutts' 30 day challenges are new to me, but I really love this idea. He covers a few different challenges here and then talks about his break from news. I like it.
- Responsive Web Design: 50 Examples and Best Practices - If you own a website you better start thinking about this. It's something that I'm learning all I can about, and how to do it well. The examples in this post are awesome!
- Designing Landing Pages That Work - second of two posts about landing pages. A lot to glean from this awesome post - from definition to best practices.
- Infographic: Google+ for Business - Another infographic, but, I promise, it's a good one. Chris Brogan had this one done about Google+ and business. Even though you may not be paying a lot of attention to Google+ you should probably rethink that if for no other reason that business purposes.