Weekend Web Roundup - Facebook IPO Edition
Welcome to the weekend! Just in case you've been living under a rock and off the grid, and don't know, Facebook issued their IPO yesterday, and in comparison to some other notable IPOs, wasn't really all that exciting. Except that it made Facebook, its founders and stakeholders a LOT of money. A lot.
A few of these are probably not "news" as in they're not really "new", but they're still awesome and I wanted to make sure you knew about them. It may be too hot for coffee (who am I kidding?), so grab your favorite beverage and jump in.
- Facebook is Worth More Than McDonald's And 4 Other Giant Brands - Yes - we all now know that Mark Zuckerberg is an overwhelmingly rich man now. But Facebook has jumped over some other giants like Amazon, and Disney.
- Google Search Just Got 1,000 Times Smarter - Google has launched a new aspect of its search service that adds depth and perspective to your search and returns results for varying meanings, attributes, and relationships, of your search term. This is going to be cool and it will be interesting to see how this impacts SEO results.
- Deep Sea Challenge - this isn't new, but this is a really cool site from National Geographic with very cool features based on James Cameron's voyage to the bottom of the sea.
- The Scale of the Universe - This mind blowing if you can follow the scale. From the largest to the smallest, this interactive demonstration of the cosmos is awesome.
- New Livestream Producer Account - I knew that these guys would find a way to get in to the market for the smaller producers. This looks really cool - I wonder if the live podcasters and broadcasters out there can make use of it?
- Too Much Word & Still Broke? Get a Business Smackdown - Maria is a genius and if you've seen her you know that. This is a needed kick in the pants on productivity. Nice wresting mask.
- Productivity Hacks: 8 Things That Are Hurting Your Productivity -
- Caine's Arcade - If you haven't seen this, take the 11 minutes to watch it.
- 7 Ways I Accidentally Got Twitter Followers - This is a post from a few weeks back, and there is some good stuff here about how to use Twitter right.
- How to Become a Twitter Ninja in less than 30 Minutes a Day - Speaking of Twitter, the previous post reminded me of this one and it's awesome. I've implemented a lot of what he talks about here, and you'd be wise to do the same thing.
image by clasesdeperiodismo